Monday, December 8, 2008

leaving.. left.. gone..

I woke up today not feeling too good. It wasn't how I felt physically, it was emotionally. I couldn't quite recall what I was just dreaming, but It was definitely about my friends. This is because I immediately started thinking about the people I went to school with. I got up, walked over to my desk and picked up what seemed like half a dozen yearbooks. Most of which I got from Mont Kiara, and a couple from Warsaw.

It was freezing with the AC set to the coldest possible temperature. I rushed back to my bed and snuggled into my blanket. I picked up the two yearbooks from Warsaw, but I went through them pretty swiftly. I'm not too sure why, but I was looking forward to the Mont Kiara yearbooks more.

One by one I looked through the yearbooks. I even went through the pages of people I didn't even know. I didn't skip a single page. I made sure I looked at them in order as to properly see the difference between my friends and myself throughout the years. I had a few good laughs looking at the more dramatic changes in people. It was hilarious to see how we looked back then. I remember perfectly how I thought dressing the way I did made me look cool. Now I know I was just being a dork *haha*.

I was feeling much more content than I did when I first woke up. However, that didn't last very long. It was all gone by the time I got to the final yearbook, the year I graduated. I got to the senior page and it hit me. I then understood the melancholy from when I woke up; there were so few of us. So many faces I saw in the previous yearbooks were not in the senior page of the yearbook for the year 2005.

So many people have left. I too have left people from my previous schools. I look around me now and still people are leaving. Just a few months ago about five of my friends left to pursue knowledge across the world, including my brother. I guess it never ends. Saying "goodbye" will always be a part of my life.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

goodbye's are hard :(

Anonymous said...

not gudbye, c u later =)

Mo said...

I doubt I'm ever gonna see either of you again... ='(

dino dame said...

I hate goodbyes..

shaddapustink said...

gudbye sucks.
hahaha ..
neway bro nice blog.
njoy reading it.
keep it up..
cheers

Sofia said...

so emo :P

naz said...

i'll be back in may :)

Mo said...

Looking forward to that =)

Mo said...

=)

mel*r said...

i know the feeling.....

keep writing
xox