Saturday, June 9, 2007

unison

Regretfully, I went to bed at around 3am last night. Two and a half hours later I woke up and was on the way to the airport. Excitement and joy filled me as I thought of the last time I had seen him. As my mom and I pulled up into the car park at KLIA, I noticed my mom was just as excited as I was, more actually.

And then came the waiting. I really hate waiting for someone to come out from the arrival hall. You never really know if there's a problem at the immigration counter, luggage carousel or even the plane itself. After a big cup of hot chocolate and a bag of M&M's, my brother was finally within sight.

By the time we got home, both my mom and I were completely caught up with all the gossip and pieces of yarn from the distant South Africa. I'm pretty sure my brother learned a few things about what's happened in KL since the last time he was here. The urge to return to my bed was nowhere to be found as we talked, joked and most importantly fooled around like all the other brothers in the world.

Now as I type this up, I look over and see my brother and mother curled up on the three-seated sofa watching a movie. They look somewhat uncomfortable, but that doesn't matter. What's important is that a part of our family is finally reunited. The only person missing is my beloved sister in Melbourne. I have no idea when the next time I'll be able to see her again. My brother on the other hand is visiting her early next month. Not fair!

All in all, I'm just glad my brother's back. And not as tall as I am, yet.




2 comments:

Sofia said...

nasib baik mention akak towards the end... hahaha kalau tak omw! nice pics... now i can't wait to come home!! =(

love you!

Anonymous said...

it's good to know that you managed to wake up to go the airport.it was only hours before that we were on the ym.but i guess your mom would have made sure that you would wake up.

welcome home to taman tun's greatest mountain climber....alan!

sofia,when are you coming back?can i please get you to buy me an opal bracelet?you survey the price for me okay.