Saturday, October 20, 2007

what's your cause?

First off, I’d just like to say sorry to Mel for completely ripping off her title. *sorry beautiful, you know I love you* It’s just that it has so much meaning, and I immediately fell in love with the entry.

So what is your cause? Do we even have any purpose in this life? Sure we do. It’s just a matter of figuring out what it is. I’m certain that many in this world have come and gone without ever knowing for sure their reason for being. I would consider myself to be one of the lucky few if I ever figured out what mine is. Whenever that may be. Not to mention the fact that day may never even come.

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Following the footsteps of Mel *an extremely sexy beast*, I asked one of my closest and brightest friends a very personal question; what are you passionate about? After about a minute or two of his silent pondering, he looked me square in the eyes, and replied in a firm and steady voice: love. I was honestly quite flabbergasted by this. His answer was undoubtedly far too momentous for someone of his age.

After about another minute or so of utter silence, he took out his phone and started to text someone. I then remembered that he had recently started a relationship with a girl. I thought about it for a while and felt somewhat vexed. I couldn’t help but I was starting to feel affronted by what he said. How could he undermine such a compelling question?

I guess he saw the exasperated look on my face and told me he knew I disliked his response. *DUH!!!* He smiled, chuckled a bit and begun to clarify himself. He explained to me the true importance of love as he saw it. He told me that love was all that mattered in this world. The feeling of being wanted and cared for was far more important than the typical teenage dream: a big house, an expensive sports car, and a shit load of cash to blow away. Oh, and not to mention the beautiful Miss July at your disposal. =P He also cunningly elucidated that his answer had nothing to do with his new girl friend *whoops*. He then told me he strongly believes that is the reason he was brought into the world. To be loved, and to give love in return. Be it family, friends, a lover or even God.

Me being me, did not agree with a word he said *haha*. However, that didn’t matter. What did matter was the fact that I knew everything that came out of his mouth was genuine and directly from the heart. He promptly went up a few notches on my list, and gained a new found respect from me.

It’s great to figure out your purpose in life. However though, what’s really important is to understand that different people see things differently, and that doesn’t matter. Not even the slightest bit. What does matter is that you pursue and exploit what you believe in as best as possible. Let it be religion, love, or something you truly enjoy doing. At least that's what I think.


7 comments:

Sofia said...

ok that's deep!
sape kawan mohd yg mohd tanye question tu??

Mo said...

that's for me to know and for you to... not know? =P

Anonymous said...

how come u never ask me any of these deep meaningful questions?! :( i like your friend! love IS important ok mo. more important that ms. july

dino dame said...

love without return is like a question without an answer.

make the most of what you've got... err, at that point of time :)

Anonymous said...

kawan ko aku kan mo kan? kan? kan? heheh

mel*r said...

so meaningful. I'm touched. Not sure about the "sexy beast" comment/compliment.

Mo said...

trust me, that was a full hearted compliment =)